Go to the market. Go to the beach. Go get coffee. The Townie® Go! 5i is an easy-to-use, fun-to-ride, pedal assist e-bike with surprising power that’ll make you want to go forever. With the Bosch Active Line Plus System and Electra's Flat Foot Technology®, climb hills and shorten distances with ease. It’s impossible not to smile while riding a Townie Go!
Whether you ride every day or are just looking to get out and ride more, the Townie Go! 5i is up your alley. This new and improved version of one of our best-selling e-bikes helps you enhance your lifestyle and remove boundaries. Go farther, go faster and go funner.
Powered by the Bosch Active Plus System with a 250W mid-frame motor and 4 mode levels of support - Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo - no hill or distance will stand in your way. The new Shimano Nexus Inter-5E hub is designed for e-bike motors, making it easier to control your output and battery life.
The Townie Go! 5i offers the best smileage in its class and features our patented Flat Foot Technology®, which provides absolute comfort and control. Studies show that e-bike riders ride three times more often and three times longer than traditional bike riders. So what are you waiting for? Get out and Go!
- This ride is streamlined and ready for customizations. Add a bag, basket or bell to make it your own.
- The PowerPack 400 battery and 4 AMP charger charges quickly go keep you going.
- Changing gears is intuitive and easy, even while pedaling uphill, so you can focus on the fun.
- The 26" puncture-resistant Schwalbe balloon tires are comfy and smooth.
- Color-matched fenders keep you clean while front and rear LED lighting keep you safe.
- A MIK rear rack helps carry everything you need with ease and style.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange w/center lock disc brake 36h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus inter-5E 5-speed internal w/center lock disc brake, 36h
- Painted or anodized alloy 26"×36h
- Schwalbe Fat Frank 26×2.35" balloon w/puncture resistant Kevlar® guard casing
- Shimano Nexus 5-speed twist w/optical display
- Forged alloy 170mm, Bosch type, 38t FSA chainring
- Shimano 30t
- KMC Z1EHX nickel plated
- Alloy platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy micro-adjust 27.2x350mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Ergo-shaped hand-stitched leatherette
- Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80mm extension
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Front/rear: Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
- Rotor size
- Front/rear: 180mm
- Bosch PowerPack 400 includes 4 AMP charger
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Active Line Plus, 250 watts
- Front light
- Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Spanninga LED
- ABUS frame lock, reflective battery decal, painted chainguard, internal cable routing, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 25 kg / 55 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to equipment, specifications, models, colors, materials, and pricing.
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
Bike and frame weights are based off pre-production painted frames at time of publication. Weights may vary in final production.